The uTOLED-20-G2 display module flaunts a very impressive 2.0" state of the art Passive Matrix Transparent OLED (PMTOLED) technology that is fully transparent and viewable from both the front and rear. This display module is powered with an embedded GOLDELOX graphics processor that delivers 'stand-alone' functionality to any project.
Powerful graphics, text, image, animation and countless more features are built inside the GOLDELOX chip. The module is designed to work out of the box and you are now ready to write your code in 4DGL (a high level 4D Graphics Language) using the 4DGL-Workshop4 IDE (editor, compiler and downloader). This will save weeks even months of development time on your next embedded graphics project.
4DGL is a graphics oriented language allowing the developer to write applications in a high level language, syntax similar to popular languages such as BASIC, C and Pascal. The module offers modest but comprehensive I/O features that can interface to serial, analogue, digital, buttons, joystick, sound generation and Dallas 1-wire devices.
Care should be taken when handling the uTOLED-20-G2 display module as the display flex is delicate and could be damaged with rough handling. Undue stress on the display flex can lead to horizontal/vertical black lines.
The PmmC for this product for use with Workshop 4 is available from the Workshop 4 Product Page, on the PmmC/Firmware tab.
- Powerful Graphics
- True to Life Colours
- Double Sided Viewing
- Display Viewing Area: 31.9 mm x 39.7 mm
- Module Width: 37.5 mm
- Module Height: 80.4 mm
- Module Depth: 10.8 mm
- Module Weight: 13.00 g
- Low-cost OLED display graphics user interface solution.
- 128 x 160 resolution, 65K true to life colours, PMTOLED screen.
- 2.0" diagonal size, 39.79mm x 68.74mm. Active Area: 31.86mm x 39.74mm.
- No back lighting with near 360° viewing angle (Transparent Display).
- Easy 10 pin interface to any external device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET, IO1, IO2, 3.3V.
- Powered by the 4D-Labs GOLDELOX graphics processor highly optimised for 4DGL, the high level 4D Graphics Language.
- 2 x GPIO ports supports:
- Digital I/O
- A/D converter with 8/10 bit resolution
- Complex sound generation
- Dedicated RTTTL tune engine
- Multi-Switch Joystick
- Dallas 1-Wire
- 10K bytes of flash memory for user code storage and 510 bytes of RAM for user variables (255 x 16bit vars).
- 1 x Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 600K baud.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for storing of icons, images, animations, etc. Supports 64Mb to 2Gig micro-SD memory cards.
- Comprehensive set of built in high level 4DGL graphics functions and algorithms that can draw lines, circles, text, and much more.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts and characters (imported as external fonts).
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- PCB dimensions: 37.5 x 24.0 x 11.0mm.
- Weighing ~ 12g.
- RoHS Compliant.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code. All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
The uTOLED-20-G2 includes the following:
- uTOLED-20-G2 Display Module
- 150mm 5 way Female-Female jumper cable, for quick connection to another device or breadboard
- 5 way Male-Male adaptor (for converting the Female-Female cable to be Male-Female)
- Quick Start User Guide