gen4 2.8" Picaso Intelligent Display Module
The gen4 2.8” Picaso Integrated Display Module is part of the latest gen4 series of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
This specific gen4 module features a 2.8” colour TFT LCD display, with resistive touch. It is powered by the well-known 4D Systems Picaso Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The 2.8” Picaso Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, is capable of Touch Detection, microSD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and Audio Generation.
The gen4 Series is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the User with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The gen4 series of Integrated Display Modules features a 30 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30 pin FPC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 if required, as the display related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
NOTE: Gen4 Picaso display module plastic ships in Red colour, not white as pictured.
- Picaso Processor
- 14KB Flash
- 14KB of RAM
- 2.8" TFT LCD
- 320x240 Resolution
- Resistive Touch
- 30 way FFC Interface
Information about the display module
- Universal 2.8” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by the Picaso Processor.
- 240 x 320 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel.
- 14KB of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 14KB of SRAM for user variables, or 14KB shared user code and program variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud.
- 1 x I2C interface (Master).
- 8 x 16 bit timers with 1 millisecond resolution.
- 13 x General Purpose I/O pins. Supports fast 8-bit parallel data transfer through Upper 8 bits.
- 30pin FPC connection, for all signals, power, communications, GPIO and programming.
- On-board latch type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Built in extensive 4DGL graphics and system library functions.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: 87.3 x 52.1 x 7.3mm.
- 4x mounting tabs with 3.2mm holes for mechanical mounting using M3 screws.
- RoHS and REACH compliant.
- CE Compliant – please ask for CE declarations from our Support Team.
Size and Weight
Viewing Area: 57.6 x 43.2 mm
Module Width: 52.1 mm
Module Height: 87.3 mm
Module Depth: 7.3 mm
Module Weight: ~30 g
Introducing 4D Systems' All New Workshop4 IDE
Supports multiple development environments, to cater for different user requirements and skill level.
Workshop4 is a comprehensive software IDE for Microsoft Windows that provides an integrated software development platform for all of the 4D family of processors and modules. The IDE combines the Editor, Compiler, Linker and Downloader to develop complete 4DGL application code. All user application code is developed within the Workshop4 IDE.
Workshop4 includes four development environments, for the user to choose based on application requirements or even user skill level.
This environment enables the
user to write 4DGL code in its
natural form to program the
ViSi - Genie
An advanced environment
that doesn't require any
4DGL coding at all, it is all
done automatically for you.
Simply lay the display out
with the objects you want
(similar to ViSi), set the
events to drive them and
the code is written for
you automatically. ViSi-
Genie provides the latest
This environment is also
provided to transform the
display module into a
slave serial display module,
allowing the user to control
the display from any host
microcontroller or device
with a serial port.
A visual programming
experience that enables
placement of objects
to assist with 4DGL code
generation and allows
the user to visualise how
the display will look while